Wednesday, August 15, 2007

School Daze - year 26

Today marked the beginning of classes for my 26th year of teaching. When I look at that number, I think about when I was just starting to teach and we would celebrate anniversaries of that nature for the older teachers who always seemed VASTLY older than I feel today! Funny how time changes your perspective.

My students today all seemed rather excited to be back in school. That is no small thing when one considers that I teach seniors all day and by Christmas they will all be wanting to move on to college as fast as they can! I overheard one of them yell to another in the hall... "I've got AP Lit and it's SO COOL!" - I hope she feels that way in another month or two.

We are still in the throes of a heatwave here in St. Louis. Today the temps hit 105! Breaking a 34 yr. old record for hot days. It's rather scary to consider how much longer this heat may continue. We are all praying the cooler weather comes soon.

The photo was taken of Ed and I this past July. Hope our "school photos" come out half as well! To all of you who have to go back to the books this month... God bless!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Oh, sorry to hear that you're back at school already! But the first day IS indeed always fun! We'll pray for cooler weather for ya!! :)