Saturday, January 26, 2008

Trimming Time Again...

Spent the entire day at the vineyard today... it's trimming time. Hopefully, the lack up crop due to last year's April freeze will mean a great harvest this year. And by the looks of the piles of trimming we're accumulating, it will be. Some say the amount of wood you cut away can be weighed to predict the coming harvest. We've never tried it, but all the while I was out there today I kept thinking, "Please don't let the buds freeze again... or the drought come again!" We've haven't had a full crop since we put in the 2nd acre of grapes, so I am hoping against hope that we can see that this year at long last! It would be nice. No photos...just the sound of clippers clipping, wind blowing, and the sun shining. Can spring be too far away?

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

I hope you like my new pictures on my blog. I hope you had fun trimming your grapes and I hope you had fun at the farm. I love you so much.