Monday, March 23, 2009

Blankets, babies, and blossoms



Tra-la... it's spring!!! (Well, sort of...) The temps have hit the 70's more than the usual accidental number of times, and we've passed the magic date on the calendar which declares the season here. I have planted potatoes and asparagus in my garden, and the trimming in the vineyard is finished. So it must be spring.
In addition, I have finished my big "winter afghan" project... I found it in the basement just before Christmas... a long-forgotten afghan that Katrina had started in 7th grade. Not being able to resist finishing a UFO, (that's knit-speak for "unfinished object") I pulled it out and began working. My goal: to surprise Kate with it on her 30th birthday. I didn't quite make it, but I came close. She and her family were here over the 14th & 15th of March and I gifted her with it then. The kids snuggled up under it like bunnies hiding in a cozy den. It's a big afghan... sideways it covers 4 people quite easily...especially if they're little. Longways, it will cover Nathan, who is one LONG drink of water!
So now I am on the lookout for my next spring project - maybe some charity knitting. That feels like fun. I could make squares for veterans or hats for preemies. And I am STILL trying to find the perfect sock pattern for Ed's size 13 feet! So we'll see what happens next!
What follows are also some shots of Rhylah and Sydney when they were together a couple weekends ago. They are SO cute toddling around and playing together. They haven't yet quite figured out what to make of one another; and it's funny to watch them "size up" the potential for playing in each other! They are going to be heartbreakers one day, as cute as they are now!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Cute photos! Rhylah is sitting on my lap right now, looking at them. She loves seeing herself on your blog!! She points at herself and gurgles and coos....too cute!!

DawnK said...

Pretty afghan! Cute pictures of all the kids and dad.