Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Holy Week - Wholly Hectic!

Can't help it, this week has been a bummer in so many ways that I have to vent a bit here. There is a ton of yucky stuff (not directly mine) happening at school, but I spending a lot of time listening and offering empathy and advice. I don't mind that, I just feel so badly for my colleagues who are doing the very best they can under such stressful and trying circumstances. Makes me want to get out Ed's famous rolled newspaper and go "whap" some folks on the nose! That's for sure!

Then, it's Holy Week... not my favorite week of the year, but one where I do TRY to stop and contemplate matters of faith and my Savior. Suffice it to say that the endless "busy-ness" of the week is making me feel more exhausted than contemplative! The entire concept of Lenten quietude is blown when you can't seem to clear your schedule enough to eat dinner on more than a dash past a pot on the stove.

Ahhh well... just 48 hrs to Easter Break... and we ALL need it! For this we are TRULY thankful!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Sorry life is so busy and hectic! Hope you have a happy Easter!! We miss you guys and love you!

DawnK said...

Sorry your life is hectic, too. I always think that the Saturday before Easter is so busy, with making sure the clothes are set for Sunday, the eggs boiled and dyed, and getting Easter baskets ready. This year the kids just wanted candy and didn't care if I made baskets or not. So, we bought 3 bags of candy and I just threw it all into one basket. The eggs were boiled on Saturday night, but not dyed until Sunday afternoon. LOL! It just got too late on Saturday.

Plus, I always have to be at church at 6am on Easter Sunday, because my choir always sings at the first service, AND I never get to bed early enough, so I'm usually pretty trashed on Easter. It's just the way it is.