Monday, February 13, 2006

Still no snow day!

Here it is the day before Valentine's Day and we still have had no substantial snowfall this winter! It feels so unfair. Seriously, when one becomes a teacher, one expects their fair allotment of snowdays. Alas! But I guess I should feel lucky since New York got 27'' on Saturday and didn't call a snowday today either!

Well, the Winter One-Acts a.k.a. Comedy Cafe came off without a hitch at LHS this past Friday and Saturday. Thus, I complete my 17 year stint as director of LHS theater. While the weekend was full of mixed emotions on that score, it's a good decision for me. I am ready to explore new things and find some time for myself as well.

Bigger news, Ed was contacted by the local Democratic committee about being their candidate for a run at the State Legislature come next November. We talked, and I think he's going to do it. Should be interesting to catch the reactions of longtime Republican friends.

All in all, an interesting weekend!

No comments: