Monday, June 26, 2006

This Gelato is for Katrina





What can I tell you about GELATO! Before we went to Italy, my daughter Katrina gave me one piece of advice, "Eat as much Gelato as possible." So this entry is mostly for her... thanking her for the great advice. Here is my gang at San Crispinos... reportedly one of the BEST gelatterias in Rome. They make it there themselves (as do most of the best places) and it is AMAZING. The kids were hooked from first bite. We were on the prowl every day thereafter for more good gelato. This one was eaten on the first night in Rome and it was AWESOME! (Side note: they give you the cutest little spoons to eat it with too! Or you can get it in a cone... I prefer the cup, no rushing to eat it that way!)

The Eiffel tower photo is in response to my son-in-law Nathan's earlier comment about my Eiffel shot a few blogs back. He questioned whether I had actually made it to the top... the photo is my "proof"... you can't see my hand clutching the railing for dear life! It was pretty windy that day too!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Mmmmmm Gelto! Yummy! Too bad you couldn't bring any back on the plane with ya! GOOD STUFF!

Luv you guys!