Thursday, July 12, 2007

Special Friends and Old Times

Had a chance on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week to reconnect with some friends we don't get to see very often. The Mahnkens of Iowa were passing through St. Chuck on their way home from a family trip. Chris and I were roomies way back in the early 70's at Seward. Her youngest daughter is our godchild and we usually only see one another once a year. So it was fun to relax, talk into the wee hours of the evening and just plain catch up on all that's been going on for us. It's not often you have someone in your life who knew you back in high school... yes, Chris and I really go all the way back to Lutheran High West in Detroit... class of '73.... yikes! That's only 34 years ago now!!!! Okay... I am stopping while I still feel young enough to write this.
Mahnken family: (l-r) Chris & Merle, Sarah & Hannah


Chris and I - I don't think we've changed TOO much!!!


The girls... Sarah on the left (going to be a Junior this year) and Hannah, headed for the 8th grade!

No comments: