Sunday, September 21, 2008

Farewell summer!

Tomorrow is officially the first day of fall, so today I had to take one last "official" summer swim.
The pool is down to a briskly refreshing 72 degrees, so none of my fellow family members would swim with me. (one advantage to carrying a few extra pounds is that one can swim and be a bit better "insulated" from the cold than other folks). Gret was over and even went jogging, but couldn't bring herself to leap into the chilly water. Actually, once I got it, it felt really great... and I got a bit sad to see the end of summer. Soon we'll be closing it down for winter, but not yet... this week it's supposed to hit 82 or higher each day.

Speaking of this week... it's been dubbed "National Stay at Home Week" - how very convenient too, since it is the start of the season premieres on television. I know I am anxiously awaiting the new season of "ER", my perennial favorite. I am also hopelessly nuts about "Dancing with the Stars' and have picked the winners for the past 3 seasons! My latest favorite is "America's Got Talent" - and I can proudly say that I picked ALL of the five finalists! Now my dilemma, which one to vote for in the finals! Oh no! I can't choose!!!! Reality TV reminds me of the old days of Carol Burnett and Ed Sullivan. Variety shows of all types used to abound... and I rather miss that sort of entertainment. There was something so innocent and "family" about seeing regulars do comedy sketches and watching new talent be showcased.

Well, enjoy your first week of Fall.... the leaves will be falling down in no time!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I LOVE dancing with the Stars! I'm so addicted! But I'm not very good at predicting the winners. Oh well! Miss you! Thanks for the letter in the mail today! It made me grin! :)

DawnK said...

It would be pretty chilly trying to swim, up here in WI. I've had a sweatshirt on all day. It definitely looks like fall up here, with colored leaves everywhere you look.