Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Here's to my Littlest Girl

Yesterday was a special and somewhat unsettling day; my "baby" turned 30. She had a wonderful day. Her husband and kids spoiled her in all the right ways. But sitting here in Missouri, I felt strangely old. I used to imagine that it would be eons before my children were "thirty-somethings" and now BOTH of them are.

Kate is handling all this with her usual balance and aplomb; I am feeling like an "old shoe". Her dad is just not saying where his head is at, although when I mentioned on Monday evening that the following day his baby would be hitting the big Three-Oh he said, "No, not really?! You're kidding, right?" (Men rarely keep tabs on these sorts of events!)

I am very proud of both of my daughters. They are strong, confident, and accomplished women. They face life full-on and have rock solid principles. Both are well grounded and have married excellent husbands. So what's the big deal about another number on the calendar?

Katrina, here's to you on 30!!! May the next 70 birthdays be just as fun and may you always celebrate every candle on the cake!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Awwww, thanks mom! Sniff!! ;) Don't feel old at all! We're BOTH still young! I think that's hilarious that dad didn't know it was my 30th. LOL!! That cracks me up!!

DawnK said...

I think it's bad enough that my older daughter is going to be 20 in August! LOL!