Friday, February 06, 2009

Huzzah! It's Friday!

Those of you who have been reading this blog for awhile know that there are not many times when I actually "celebrate" Friday. That sort of thing was something I did frequently when I used to teach junior high. In fact, I even had special outfits, usually terribly loud and somewhat outrageous, that I wore on Fridays. But this week, I feel really compelled to say "YAY, it's Friday!"
Some of my reasons are typical, I mean, who DOESN'T enjoy a good Friday?? However, it's been a rather strange week in certain ways. The weather has been all over the place... from lows in the teens to highs in the 60's. It has made my students a bit "loopy", to say the least. They are saying and doing things that make us scratch our heads and wonder, "What are they thinking!?" Our underclassmen have been particularly squirrely lately, even for underclassmen. Some of the shenanigans they have pulled would shock you, and for the sake of discretion, I won't go there, but all in all, I find it pretty unsettling. To top it off, we've had a "winter spirit" week going on with a big dance at school tonight following the basketball games. So we've had some themed dress days happening.... "hippie day" anyone? (actually pretty funny since the kids have no concept of what hippies truly were!) Today we are all in black as it is "Black out our competition" at the basketball game tonight. (Strangely ironic in light of the fact that the high school coming here to play tonight is a predominantly black school from the city..... hmmm... that will look friendly when our kids are all in the stands! See what I mean? It's been an odd week... think I'll go home tonight and knit!

No comments: