Monday, March 07, 2011

In Need of Spring

Today the sun came out, for a little while at least. I am finding I REALLY need spring to come soon! I am super tired of cloudy days and relying on caffeine to get me through the day. My students seem the same way... restless, draggy, bored with themselves and me. I am going to have to do something to shake-up the status quo... but that's a whole other post.

Missouri is a tough place to live in between the seasons. It's warm one day and very damp and chilly the next. I shouldn't be complaining, I know. At least we HAVE seasons, unlike those in the South and we don't have eternal winter, like those in the far North. But I LONG for spring. I need to go outside and dig in the dirt and see the flowers come up.

Maybe soon?

1 comment:

DawnK said...

Ahhh, but at 4pm this past Saturday, apparently, Milwaukee, WI was 39 degrees, Rockford, IL was 71 degrees, Des Moines, IA was 82 and St. Louis was 90!

We made it into the high 40s with sun today, so it did feel a little bit warmer. I am so ready for warmer weather. Our snow is finally pretty much gone.