Monday, January 11, 2010

A Busy Busy Day

Back at school today after the long snowday weekend of 4 days off. If the kids could be any more lethargic, I don't know how. Suffice it to say that only teenagers can act exhausted after 4 days of no schedule! I think they must stay up extra late and really go nocturnal when they're off school. I could be wrong, but it's my hunch.

On the up side, I got a great deal done today, especially with yearbook and that felt good. We're at the 50 page mark at present which means that almost 1/2 the book is finished. I wish I could relax and just not worry about the book as much as I do. I know my kids are working on it, but sometimes I feel like we drift around quite a bit.

Today's big news was Mark McGwire finally admitted to steriod use while he was at the height of his homerun career.... not that anyone really doubted that, but he's gone all apologetic on the TV - almost crying about it now... 5 years after he blatantly lied to Congress and the fans. I don't particularly feel like he deserves a lot of sympathy at the moment. I am also fairly disappointed that the Cardinals have hired him as a coach for their young players. I don't care if he can hit a ball to Mars, he's shown he lacks ethical decision-making skills; what's to keep him from being a bad influence on younger players in the league.

1 comment:

DawnK said...

From a mom of teenagers, my kids definitely stay up later on days that they don't have school! LOL! They can't be the only ones! I'm glad the yearbook is going well!