Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Think... therefore I Knit

I haven't said too much about my knitting as of late... but I've been doing a lot of it lately. Somehow, no matter how hectic life gets, knitting centers me and helps me relax. Some folks maintain there is a meditative or zen-like aspect of knitting and even go so far as suggest that it lowers blood pressure and protects the brain from things like Alzheimer's (I hope!)

So today, I switched on PBS (my favorite channel) and what is on? A KNITTING SHOW MARATHON on the Create Channel (9.4 here in St.Lou) and I thought, Huzzah!!!! I also popped a DVD into my recorder and tried my first attempt at recording directly from the television. (hoped THAT comes out!) I am getting inspired by all the ideas I am seeing and the hardest thing is not to immediately stop grading papers (which is what I SHOULD do) and start knitting (which is what I WANT to do)!

Anyway... I have been busy making some cute things lately.... I think I posted my wrist warmers a few posts back.. but here's my latest... a cabled hat. It's cozy and I could make it in one night!

3 comments:

greatgaunts said...

You're awfully handy with those needles. (Handy? No pun, and all that.) I haven't conquered knitting yet, but you're inspiring... Dangerous... :)

DawnK said...

Pretty hat!

Cassie said...

I think that it's such a wonderful thing that you understand what makes you happy and puts you in an "attitude of gratitude". It's always surprising to me the number of people that don't understand this concept. Beautiful hat!