Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lion, Lamb? March Came In.... where did Feb. Go???

March is here, and I can't quite believe it. February whisked in and out so quickly one scarcely had time to notice it all. But March is here and it came in quite nicely, almost congenially. We are not yet counting the days until Spring Break at school, but the natives are noticeably restless.

The weatherman has gifted us with a couple of spring-like days to tease our hearts into believing that it won't snow anymore, when in reality, we know how fickle the Missouri weather can be. I am praying we have no late winter/early spring freezes. A repeat of the freeze of 2007 would be a bad thing for the vineyard... especially since it hit 70 degrees today.

Big weekend ahead... the grandkids are coming to visit us. Kate and her dad are running in the St. Pat's Day race on Saturday. I've decided to forego the 5 miler this year... 3 miles is plenty for me! I felt pretty good at 3 miles but totally whanked at 5 last year. So the kidlets and I will stand by and watch and cheer for them as the race about downtown. Should be fun!

March came in like a Lamb... and here's hoping the lamb sticks around!

1 comment:

DawnK said...

March has been way too rainy, foggy, gray and dreary. We have had some nice days, but this stagnant air mass is going to do me in. Tired of the damp foggy weather that doesn't seem to end. I know it will eventually! Good luck to everyone doing the run on Saturday!