Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things to Be Thankful for...

Today was a better than average day. The sun was out and shining brightly, and we didn't get severe weather last night. So today's post is just a gratitude list:

On this day, I am grateful for:
1. The fact that both Ed and I are healthy enough to give blood like we did today. Doing that always feels so good and is such a small way to make a difference.
2. The "photobooth" application on my Mac... Syd was an absolute hoot tonight as she took photo after photo of she and I... giggles galore.
3. My student teacher... yes, I have one for the next 8 weeks. Amber Schwartz hails from Greeley, CO and I can already see signs of her talent.
4. My fellow English department colleagues... Stevan and Rachel.... they are the best! (and give me hope that one day I'll be able to retire!)
5. My seniors who are hanging in there and battling back senioritis. Hang tough, kiddos! You'll get there!
6. The fact that we have a President who refuses to give up on what needs to be done... I am praying for you Barack, and today I wrote my Republican congressman and begged him to stop being such a nincompoop about health care. Health care is NOT like buying groceries, or clothes... you can't cut corners if you are critically ill or just go without! WHY can't somebody in the Republican Congress help communicate that to their fellow members. If an old fart like me can 'get it' - you'd think those professional politicos could!
7. My hubby who makes me tea in the morning and dinner each night... love you sweetie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DawnK said...

I'm glad the health care reform bill passed and I agree with you that health care is not like buying groceries.

My senior has senioritis, too. Spring break (as of Friday at 1pm) can't come soon enough for her. She is doing her work and doing it well, but she' rather be knitting, playing her ukulele, or playing the Wii! LOL! Today is her 18th birthday and she didn't have any homework - a very rare event. She is playing the Wii with her sister who is on spring break this week, right now.