Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolutions... To BE or?

Spent our New Year's Eve with our best friends, Doug & Carol, and the topic of resolutions came up. Not surprisingly, Doug had used some thoughts about them in his New Year's Eve sermon just a few short hours earlier and he shared them with us. His focus was on "Be" resolutions rather than on "Do" resolutions and as he listed a few like "be faithful", "be in the Word".... I found myself thinking seriously about what I might resolve to "be" in 2009.

I have generally not been a resolver - at least not on Dec. 31/Jan 1. Seems that I have an aversion to making promises just because it seems the "thing to do" on a given night. But there are definitely some things I would like to "be" in the year ahead.... so here goes...make your own list if the idea strikes a chord.

1. Be more in the moment....
2. Be less "busy"
3. Be at peace with myself
4. Be healthier
5. Be wiser
6. Be "greener"
7. Be a light in dark places.
8. Be less burdened by things
9. Be a good friend
10. Be in balance

There... that's my "be list"... I think there's enough there to keep me busy in 2009. Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments: