Sunday, January 11, 2009

Top 10 benefits (!?) of having a Cold....

Yeah, I hab a code... err a cold.... There's been one floating around school since our return from holiday break, and it found me last Wednesday. This weekend was given over totally to trying to get better, and I am not sure I am making progress. SO.. instead of whining about it, I've decided to play "Pollyanna" with it and see if I can find some benefit in cold nursing.... Here goes.

10. You have an excuse to talk less to your students and anyone else you don't want to talk with.
9. You get to sleep in on the weekend.
8. You drink 5x's more juice and tea than you normally would.
7. You don't feel very hungry... makes dieting a LOT easier.
6. You stop caring what your hair looks like... at least while at home.
5. You have a good excuse to have your own PBS marathon, I love PBS!
4. You can knit all you like and nobody expects you to move around much.
3. Clementine oranges now qualify as medicine.
2. Whether it rains or snows outside ceases to matter to you.
1. Your hubby will make you his awesome chicken soup!

So there we are, readers.... some decided benefits of nursing a cold.... which hopefully STAYS just a cold.... if not, I'll be back with added thoughts!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Oh, sorry! Feel better soon! Love you!