Friday, January 16, 2009

Yesterday was a big day for me! I reached a goal that has been four months in coming; I have lost 10% of my body weight! After a long period of frustration with "do-it-myself" diet and exercise, I joined Weight Watchers back in September. It is a sad fact, but if I am paying for something, I am more likely to follow through. A good friend of mine had a lot of success with the WW's programs last year and recommended it highly. I dragged out my decision for almost 6 months, but finally decided that I was tired of being at an unhealthy weight; so I joined.

I generally go on Thursday nights. I have to say the meetings (which I expected to be "cheesy") are actually very helpful. You see a whole lot of different folks from a variety of backgrounds and all of us are in the same boat.... we need help with how we relate to food! There is an inspiring fellow (who could be old enough to be my dad) who lost 148 lbs in one year and has kept it off for over 3 years. People helping each other is what the weekly 30 min. gatherings are all about. I get recipes, encouragement, and the knowledge that I will be "checking in" at the scale.

Last night was special. My group leader announced my success and a room full of 50 or so people burst into applause! It felt amazing! I still have a way to go, I want to get to my goal weight by spring... and I can honestly say I believe I can do it now. So here's to all my new friends in Weight Watchers, and to my family members who have been cheering me onward as well! Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

That's awesome!! Way to go mom! I'm so proud of you!!!